- Location: Budapest, Hungary
The challenges for meteorology are growing. Citizens, decision-makers, indeed all of society require information on the consequences of our changing climate, and especially on weather and climate hazards that seem to occur more frequently and to have a significant impact on humans, nature, and infrastructure. The essential role of meteorology since the start of operations remains unchanged – the provision to society of reliable forecasts and trustworthy warnings. However, in the 21st century impact predictions and long-term projections of climate change are also needed to support national strategic decisions aimed at saving lives and reducing the costs of natural hazards. All of these challenges place increasing responsibility on scientists and forecasters, as well as on meteorological companies, institutions, and organisations: the whole “weather and climate enterprise”.
VISCA project will be presented during this event by BSC! For more information, check the official website.
- SISC Sixth Annual Conference: “Recent trends in climate sciences, adaptation and mitigation”
- Climateurope Festival 2018
- 41th World Congress of Vine and Wine
- AgriResearch Conference - Innovating for the future of farming and rural communities
- 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) - COP24