- Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
The Eastern Mediterranean Middle East (EMME) region faces alarming consequences from Climate Change, according to data analyses and model predictions, hence making mitigation and adaptation measures urgent. The region, which is home to nearly 500 million people of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, accounts for about 50% of the world’s fossil fuel reserves, and is troubled by persistent conflicts.
On the 18th and 19th of May 2018, The Cyprus Institute will host the International Conference “Climate Change in the Mediterranean and the Middle East: Challenges and Solutions”, which will take place at the “Filoxenia” Conference Centre. The Event is organised under the Aegis of the President of the Republic of Cyprus, H.E. Mr. Nicos Anastasiades, as well as with the Support of the Representation of the European Commission in Cyprus.
The Conference will be preceded by two days of Scientific Workshops, which will focus on modelling predictions of Climate Change and its impacts – especially in the areas of sustainability, energy, health, agriculture, water security and migration – as well as examine and propose mitigation and adaptation strategies.
VISCA project will be presented during this event by the project coordinator METEOSIM! For more information, check the official website.
- AgriResearch Conference - Innovating for the future of farming and rural communities
- 24th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) - COP24
- European Meteorological Society Annual Meeting 2018
- Upcoming Technical Meeting of VISCA Project
- VISCA Video: A collaborative innovation for climate adaptations in wine industry